Thursday, February 13, 2014

Calcium-Infused Water

What a great, easy way to get calcium!  This recipe was found in Shosanna Easling's book, Making Babies.  However, I took her quart-jar method and tweaked it a little to fit the busy mom's schedule. ;P  PLEASE NOTE that farm-fresh eggs are the best way to go, especially chickens that are on non-GMO feed, as my family has been so blessed to enjoy from nearby friends. :)

Step 1: Rinse and save 8 eggshells.
Keep in the fridge :)






                                                    Step 2: Hulk. Smash!






Step 3: Using a coffee maker, fill reservoir with 4 cups of water.  Pour crushed eggshells into coffee filter, as you would grounds.  Press start!  When finished, I add my calcium water to a big batch of herbal iced tea that I will drink during the week, and compost the eggshells. If this method is not convenient for you, you may also boil the 4 cups of water in a pan, dump in the shells, let sit until cool, and sift out the eggshells after.  Happy Healthing!  :-)
 







 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment and/or question! I will get back to you as soon as I can! :-)